Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?


Artist:  Taylor Swift
Song:  ...Ready For It?
Album:  Reputation (2017)
Genre:  Hip Hop

So good ol' T Swift dropped an album the other day, have you listened to it?

I've heard a decent chunk of it at this point, and I really have just a couple takeaways.  The album is wonderfully produced, the beats and quality are just really good music.  However, edgy Taylor is not a good look.  She's hitting that awkward emo stage she should have hit in her teens and she's trying to blame other people for her problems.  Lyrically it's a little weird too, there's some songs that just make me feel weird, and others are just way too petty to be good.

This song is an example of one that just feels a little weird.  The song's beat is straight up wonderful, it actually reminds me of something Kanye would come up with.  The lyrics though don't really work for me.  It's a little off, I dunno.

The album just leaves me feeling a little worse about Taylor Swift honestly.  Red was a legitimately solid album, but this one makes me feel like she's a child trying to prove she's all grown up.  Kind alike Miley's faze he went through.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment