Thursday, November 9, 2017

Nu-Vember: Motograter - Collapse


Band:  Motograter
Song:  Collapse
Album:  Motograter (2003)
Genre:  Nu-Metal
Language:  Strong

Well first off I just learned that Motograter just put out a new album.  I'll save you a listen, if you liked this style you probably won't like that stuff.  Not as a continuation of this sound at least, which is to be expected after a 14 year gap in new material I suppose.  It's just kinda flat though, and they don't even really that  obnoxious instrument of theirs, the Motograter, as much as I loved in this one.

Like, a Motograter is 2 or 3 gigantic steel cables strung out on a semblance of a fret board that makes a nasty distorted bass sound.  It's fantastic really, I love it.  It's grungy grind isn't as present in the newer tunes though, and that saddens me.  Shame on you Motograter.

But their OG album is pretty bomb.  Outside of those weird transition tracks that is.

The album has a raw energy to it that I've come to associate with the band, and this one especially just rips and tears though the whole song in a way that I just love.  I miss this era of Ivan's vocal work, though I suppose it's got to stop since you can basically hear his voice breaking all over the place over the album.  Solid stuff though, hope ya like it.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment