Friday, June 9, 2017

DMX - We Right Here


Band:  DMX
Song:  We Right Here
Album:  The Great Depression
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

DMX will forever and always hold a special place in my heart.  He has a lot of really heartfelt songs in his earlier material and I feel like I can relate to it for some reason.  The beat is simple enough that it doesn't distract from his flow, and X keeps his trademark percussive flow on top of it.  I honestly don't really know what it is that draws me to DMX.  I feel like it might be his generally morose attitude.  Like, he's got party songs, but they contrast harshly with the "repentance" tracks.  I feel like durring a lot of his career he was a really emotionally torn person.

I originally wanted to post "Slippin'", but I saw I had already posted it a while back.  This one's just as good though, so enjoy, eh?



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment