Saturday, August 5, 2017

Ded - Anti-Everything


Band:  Ded
Song:  Anti-Everything
Album:  Mis-An-Thrope
Genre:  Nu-Metal
Language:  Strong

Straight up, mad respect to anybody who commits to a thing.  These guys wear freaking white contacts like, all the time, or at least dark shades to obscure their eyes.  I wouldn't do that, so props dudes.

These guys were the first act of the show (Serenity of Summer tour I should say) and I wasn't sure what to think about them at first.  They came out and the main thing I kept thinking through their whole set was "Why did Korn pick a band to open that sounds just like them?  A lot of these guy's sound reminds me of the old Korn sound.  Like, the heavy guitar parts of Blind and stuff like that.

That's not bad though.  I had assumed these guys were some old remnant of the early 2000s Nu-Metal wave, but they're new as of 2016.  This gives me hope since that's my favorite era of Metal and anything that inspires bands to get into that sound is good for me.

So anyway.

Ded's show was honestly not too bad.  I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't been way out on the lawn, but it was still pretty good.  I'd probably see them again if they swing by somewhere nearby.  The more I thought about it the whole tour was a really weird selection of people, so having a solid beginning that set the tone of the show was really smart considering.

Check em out, if you like the style of music you should peep the whole album, it's really solid stuff.  Here's the main single though, hope ya dig.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment