Saturday, November 15, 2014

Coal Chamber - Loco

You know what we need?  Some more Nu-Metal up in this!

One thing you'll notice about a lot of Nu-Metal bands is that they sound very similar.  These guys are along the Motograter/Slipknot/Mushroomhead/Korn end of things, though leaning more toward Slipknot/Mushroom Head.

Coal Chamber is kinda one of those bands that had a hit or two, built a cult following, and then vanished.  It's kinda sad, but at the same time the more I listen to them the more I realize that they really don't have too many great songs.  Due to the language in the songs I can't add them to my work playlist really so it tends to put a damper on what I listen to the most.  Also I don't have one of their CDs, so I can't listen in the car, haha.

As good as these guys may have been in the day, and as good a weird video as this is, if you look up the video from their reunion show a few years back you can tell that most of them don't care anymore.  The singer moved on to Devil Driver and the rest of the band faded away for the most part and the performance looks just like you would expect it to.

On the other hand, this song is still catchy as far as the genre goes, so check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment