Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Childish Gambino - Sweatpants


Artist:  Childish Gambino (Donald Glover)
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

So I'm playing D&D with some friends of mine and it's a blast.  We meet on Friday evenings and so far so good, right?  Well we're talking backstory for some characters and the one dude mentioned his character's dad was named Gambino.  I jokingly asked if the guy was childish and got generally blank looks with an awkward "sure?"  Well turns out that Childish Gambino isn't as popular as I had assumed he was so here's some info about him.

Real name?  Donald Glover.  You may be familiar with him from his acting career.  I wasn't, but you might be.  He's going to play the new Lando Calrissian in some of the new Star Wars movies too, so I'm kinda pumped about that.

His name is kinda interesting though is how he got his name.  Most people come up with names by themselves but this dude plugs his name into the Wu-Tang name generator to get his stage name.  Low and behold this is what it came up with for him.  Mine is X-pert Mastermind, so I guess that's kinda cool, right?

His flow is really good too, so all in all I'd call him a generally enjoyable artist.



<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment