Monday, November 3, 2014

Thelonious Monk - Straight, No Chaser (Album)

EDIT:  I really feel bad, cause I accidentally released this on October 24th when I was writing it and people were trying to read it during the "Week Of Evil".  Sorry if that was you!

Ok, back to the real thing.

You know what's really nice?  Jazz.  I like jazz.  But not crappy jazz.  If there's a girl singing, then she'd better leave right away or else that band hits my list of "I don't like it".

So other than Fats Waller and Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonious Monk is one of my top jazz acts to listen to.  Despite the fact that I've only just started recently listening to them, the band quickly climbed my list of jazz favorites for one good reason.  No singing.

While I like some "singing jazz", I really feel like it distracts me from the music I'm trying to enjoy.  Either way though, instrumental; music is a really nice thing to have on in the background no matter what you're doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment