1. Open with drums and a catchy guitar riff.
2. Add high guitar lead (optional wah) and bass.
3. Open verse with "HEY" and end it with "YEAH".
4. Catchy Chorus.
5. Direct a lot of hate toward somebody. Never be specific, just be clear that they suck.
6. Insert solo here.
7. Wrap up with another catchy chorus.
(Note: This technique can also be applied to Metallica and Five Finger Death Punch.)
Now I'm kinda poking fun, but only a little. They have a lot of songs that follow this pattern.
I'm gonna just cut to the fun fact about these guys. Their name was chosen when the singer, Sully Erna, was teasing of a guy with a cold sore on his lip. The next day Erna had one on his own lip, causing a friend to say "It looks like God smacked your face for making fun." It was catchy enough of a phrase that they decided to make it their band name.