Thursday, September 6, 2018

Woods Of Ypres - Wet Leather


Band: Woods Of Ypres
Song: We Leather
Album: Woods 4: The Green Album
Genre: Doom Metal

I had these guys pop up while I was shuffling the main blog playlist the other night, and I just can't get past how much I love them.  Like, dude, they're so freaking good.  The harsh depression message in a lot of their songs is neat, because I really get what they're trying to say.  Like, a lot of people talk about depression, but I feel like it usually comes across as complaining and just emo.  The lyrical imagery these guys use just clicks with me, especially with their song Suicide Cargoload, which I feel I reference in every post about them.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor my podcast on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you say about their lyrical imagery, Noah - it helps when they are intelligible. I've always wondered why singers for decades believe in slurring/swallowing their words. Aren't the lyrics half the song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think that, but some people think of the voice as only another instrument and the lyrics coming second. I suppose I can see both sides, but still

      Delete