Sunday, April 23, 2017

A to Z 2K17 Runner Up: S is for Septicflesh


Artist:  Septicflesh
Song:  Communion
Album:  Communion
Genre:  Symphonic Death Metal

Before Septicflesh became the titan of the Symphonic Death Metal community they are today, they were a rather disappointing Blackened Death Metal group.  When I say disappointing I really mean that.  It wasn't fantastic music, and while I know a lot of people would write off most Metal acts as just trash anyway this was honestly not great.  From 1990 to 2003 they had a sort of cult following, but that was about it.

After a 4 year split however they came back with a huge powerhouse album, Communion.

Communion was a huge change in their sound, not only because they got good, but because it seemed to create a sound for them to unify behind.  They didn't have an orchestra back in the 90s to play with, so when they started incorporating in in Communion (the album and the song), it was a rather big change.

While this album isn't the symphonic masterpiece that The Great Mass is, it isn't a bad album by any means.

Hope you enjoy it, see you with T tomorrow.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment