Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A to Z 2K17: O is for Oh, Sleeper


Band:  Oh, Sleeper
Song:  Endseekers
Album:  Children Of Fire
Genre:  Metalcore

Oh, Sleeper are a Metalcore act from Fort Worth, Texas. They're one of my favorites in the genre because they represent the more crazy, chaotic side of the sound, (something a lot of other bands tend to shy away from in it's present form) but without compromising the melodic aspect.

Children Of Fire is an absolutely excellent album, from the writing of the songs to the mixing of each track.  I mean, seriously, this album is one of my favorite mixes of all time, it's clear, it's heavy, and it's tied with Matt Halpern of Periphery for having the best drum sound I've ever heard.  It's certainly my favorite snare sound, in any case.

Endseekers in particular embodies all the sounds that make the album great, which, coupled its killer intro, makes it an excellent kickoff to the album.

This has been a post by Jeff, betcha thought it was Noah.
Nope. Chuck Testa.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment