Sunday, April 10, 2016

A to Z Challenge: Runner Up week 2! Die Antwoord


Band:  Die Antwoord
Genre:  Rap Rave
Language:  Strong

I heavily regret not having these guys be the official post for D.  I don't know why I thought it would be better to have Dream Theater there considering these guys are much more...  unique.

Bygones be bygones and all that.

Die Antwoord is a South African group that I can only describe as artists.

Their lifestyle is a tribute to their music and vise versa.  They take what they do very seriously while simultaneously not taking it very seriously at all.  The style they have is called Zef.  Basically if you're Zef that means you don't really care about what other people think and such, you just care about being you.

Actually if you saw the movie Chappie then you'll have seen them.  They're featured quite heavily in it as I recently found out.  Like, literally two days ago I found this out.  I haven't seen the movie yet, but I really want to now, ya know?

Anyway, their music is clutch.  They've got this crazy dance club vibe going that just screams "I did way too many drugs", but it's also really cool.  You can tell that they really don't care how you feel about theirs stuff while managing to put out a quality product.

This is a weird video, but all their other videos are rather weird as well, so take what you will.  I love their stuff, so if you trust my opinion there's that, right?  Without further ado, please enjoy a video about when art videos run into music videos at like, 100mph.

2 comments:

  1. I love Die Antwoord! "I Fink You Freeky" and "Baby's On Fire" are two of my favorite songs.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Adventure!
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both very wonderful songs indeed! I haven't found one of their songs that I've really disliked yet honestly.

      Delete