Thursday, April 21, 2016

A to Z Challenge: R is for Ryan Clark


Artist:  Ryan Clark (Demon Hunter, NYVES)
Genre:  Metalcore, Metal, Dark Electronic

I feel like I've made it reasonably clear in past posts that Demon Hunter is one of, if not my favorite, band I've ever heard.  Other than maintaining a solid sound despite switching around a decent number of the musicians in the band Ryan is my favorite vocalist second only to Randy Blythe of Lamb Of God.

Ryan's a rather talented fellow though.  In addition to being the frontman of both Demon Hunter and NYVES he's a graphic designer.  He's designed all the DH album covers and a great many other bands have used him as well (Alice in Chains being one of them.)

I really try not to fan out on members of my favorite bands, but since DH is the group that basically got me into Metal they will always hold a special place in my heart, ya know?

The reason I picked this song is because even though you don't get to hear his screaming style you get to hear his singing in the band that he usually screams in.  Enjoy, it's a solid song.

No comments:

Post a Comment