Thursday, April 7, 2016

A to Z Challenge: F is for Future


Artist:  Future
Genre:  Rap
Language:  Strong

Future is somebody I was directed towards by a dude at work.  Shout out to my man Luis!

Future is an interesting guy.  On one hand you could say he sounds a little generic.  He's got that autotune voice thing going on that bugs the crap out of everybody.  On the other hand, you've gotta check out what he's doing production wise.  His producer is a straight up fantastic individual who really captures a lot of feeling in his music.

Example.  A lot of Future's songs are about drugs and how he uses Sprite mixed with Codeine to be happy.  Really poor summary, but there ya go.  Anyway, you can feel the sadness and resigned attitude in the music that seems to be in the lyrics.  I feel like a lot of the time you get people who just get some really good beats and then Rap whatever they want over top of that.  This is not the case here.  It shows that Future and his producer Metro Boomin' actually worked together on the songs so that they convey the proper feelings.

If you don't like this song I get it, Rap isn't for everybody and Future is an even more acquired taste to a point.  Still, I like it and I thought I would share it with you as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment