Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Meshuggah - Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion


Band:  Meshuggah
Genre:  Djent, Progressive Metal

Other than having an absurdly long title this song is also really heavy.  Meshuggah is a bit of a front runner in really low tunings, way back in the day they got the some of the earlier 7 string guitars.

In their quest to tune lower they also have managed to gain a place in almost everybody's heaviest band lists.  I tried to avoid doing that with my choices and more going with personal opinion, but there's some people I can't ignore.  Almost everybody has Sunn O))) on their list, but I honestly thing that their heaviness aspect come's more from their shows that are loud enough to demolish buildings more than the actual music.  It's a little too stripped down to make my list for me.

Meshuggah on the other hand has earned their spot, and they shall have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment