Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Slipknot - People = Shit

Slipknot is one of those bands that the metal community really are split in their opinions on.  Yet another band to come out of the Nu-Metal wave, their sound has evolved to a much more metal tone than it used to be.

With having lost their bassist Paul Gray in 2010 and the sacking of their drummer Joey Jordison in 2014 I decided I should look back at some of my favorite songs.

After the release of their first album which was really pretty good for the most part, people seemed to expect an album full of singles for their second album.  Instead they got Iowa.

Iowa is one of the most hateful albums I've ever listened to, with such tracks as Skin Ticket, The Heretic's Anthem, Everything Ends, and People = Shit.  There is so much raw anger behind this album it's not even funny, but it makes it sound so strong and powerful that I am ok with it.


Out of the small list I gave you, this is probably my favorite track off of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment