Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Demon Hunter - The Science Of Lies

Demon Hunter is straight up my favorite band.  When I first got into metal a friend of mine gave me a copy of their cd "The World Is A Thorn" and I wasn't too sure about it, but as I went on in my love affair with metal went on they quickly became my number one band.

While my favorite album is probably "Storm The Gates Of Hell", this album "The Triptych" has the sound that makes me think of their signature sound.  Specifically this track seems to sum up what to expect in all of their songs.

Something I really like about them is that the singer Ryan is really really good at transitioning between singing and screaming.  This isn't the best example of his transitions but in some he does a very smooth slide from singing to screaming that, if you are a metal vocalist, you know is very impressive.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the few metal bands I can honestly say I like. A lot.

    ReplyDelete