Monday, January 25, 2016

The Who - Boris The Spider


Band:  The Who
Genre:  Classic Rock

I recently learned that people consider this song to be the first use of what is now considered Death Metal vocals.  I mean, I can see it, but that's not anywhere near the most attractive part of this song.

Honestly the best part of this song for me is that this song is a song that my old boss didn't know.  My first boss was from the hippie era, and even though he was a respected chef type person who actually had cooked at the White House on a couple occasions he was still a hippie.

He was a big fan of The Who, but he had never heard this song.  I was so freaking proud of myself when I found that I knew a song by them that he didn't because at the time all I had heard was their greatest hits album.

No comments:

Post a Comment