Monday, May 11, 2015

Album Review: Tech N9ne - Special Effects

The much awaited album Special Effects!  I've been pretty excited about this for a while now.  You know why?  We've got both Corey Taylor and Eminem on this.  Those two are the collabs that Tech has wanted to do for a while but wasn't able to for whatever reason.

So with my initial listening I'm gonna call this a really solid album.  Tech puts out so many albums (on or two a year) I find it a little hard to keep up, but here this is, and I'm actually able to listen to it.

This was released on May 5th, just in case that matters to you.

For real, there's not too many tracks I don't care for.  I'm personally not a fan of the skit tracks, but I get that they help set the tone for the next song without messing around with the actual track itself.

I think I'm gonna do this the same way that I did the A to Z.  Rather that go through each track one by one, summarize the album, or give it vague, I'll just list my favorite tracks.

Here we go, the list in album order.

On The Bible
Shroud
Psycho Bitch III
Wither
Hood Go Crazy
Bass Ackward
Speedom (Wwc2)
Give It All
Roadkill

Ok, so it might seem like I chose almost every single track off the first half.  I didn't, but it's a really good album.  It's got a lot of stuff that I really like on it, so no ragrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment