Thursday, January 1, 2015

Personal Top Albums of 2014

Happy New Year all!  It's been a fun 3 months so far, hasn't it?  I feel like the new year should be heralded in by the best of last year though, so let's get to it.

Let's preface this by saying that I'm not really an authority on all music since my primary focus was with metal this year, but I still think this will be a good list.

No let us start in no particular order.

Septicflesh - Titan


I found these guys some time last year and they became my favorite artist for something like a good 6 months, which for anybody familiar with my music tastes you know that's actually a really long time to hold the top spot.

Demon Hunter - Extremist


Demon Hunter is a band that I've loved since I first was introduced to metal.  They currently hold the award of "That band I always wonder why I stop listening to them ever" that other bands have had till I listened to them again.  These guys are my favorite band ever so far and I think you should give this album a listen, because it's legitimately amazing.

Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain


You may remember this album gracing the list as my first ever album review.  It still holds a place as a really good album and one of the best I heard last year.  To be totally fair, I missed a lot of stuff from last year, but this is still good stuff if you like Death Metal.

Whitechapel - Our Endless War


I was on a Whitechapel kick when this album came out, so I got it.  It's still Deathcore though and that doesn't appeal to a lot of people.  As an album though it's not too bad.  Some kinda dumb sounding lyrics, but the music makes up for it.

Alestorm - Sunset on the Golden Age  *I was unable to find the full album, so a single song will have to do.


I didn't even realize this was a new album when I bought it last month, but as it turns out this was a really good choice to make.  It's a solid Alestorm album and a pretty goof Folk Metal album as well.  If you liked the one song I posted before you should listen to this because it's all really good.

Weird Al - Mandatory Fun


I know guys.
"Whoa, Noah likes stuff that's not metal?  No, this must be a lie."
"Dude no, he posts crappy rap music all the time too, so you know his taste in music is garbage."

However you may feel about Weird Al I will tell you that he is a genius.  This was his last album that will be released he has said so that he can keep up with music better.  All singles and such from here on out.  As you listen you'll note that he has songs on here that were "in" quite a while ago now, so you can see where he's coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment