Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Kanye West - On Sight


Artist:  Kanye West
Song:  On Sight
Album:  Yeezus (2013)
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

As a rule I try not to post an artist twice within 30 days.  It's not usually an issue, but every now and then it happens.  In this case, it's cause Kanye managed to snag spot #4 in my top artists of 2017.

This one makes a little more sense to me.  I listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy at least 5 times through on Spotify alone, I hit up Life Of Pablo a lot, and as I revealed about this time last month, I got into Yeezus as well.  I feel like he probably should have hit above a couple people too to be honest, as you'll hear in the next couple posts.

All in all though I don't at all begrudge Yeezy his spot on my list.  Over the last year and a half I've turned from just hating him cause that's what was popular to realizing not only was I uninformed, but musically this guy is really solid.  I don't think he's released a dud album yet regardless of what some people would have you believe.

I urge you to please read the post I made about him round about a year ago now.  It sums up a lot of my feelings about the guy a lot better than I think I can manage at the moment.

Hope ya like it and this song.  Still love the crazy different beats on this album.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment