Saturday, September 20, 2014

Alice In Chains - Angry Chair

EDIT 3.25.18:  Changed the name back to Alice In Chains, cause labeling Allison Chains just made me angry.

I'll admit, this was what I thought Alice In Chains was called for a good 4 years.  I wasn't too familiar with their stuff at the time though, so I'd say that it's ok.  (as it turns out this is actually the name of an all girl cover band for Alice In Chain.)

AiC was a big name in the late 80s and 90s grunge scene, right up there with Nirvana and the like.

Layne Staley is one of the more unique vocalists I've ever heard, but I'm not gonna get into that right now since this is supposed to be a short read.  Suffice it to say that in my book, there are very few vocalists who compare to Layne in the realm of rock vocals.

The track I've selected is called Angry Chair.  One of the special things about this song is that it was written entirely by vocalist Layne Staley, rather than Jerry Cantrell as most of the songs were.   I don't know how perceptive you are to feelings in music, but I personally can feel a lot of anger and frustration in the song and I think it improves the song.




Hope you like it, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment